Vulcan anti-limescale systems for naval ships
Benefits of Vulcan de-scaler for Naval Ships
- Reduction of scale deposits in pumps and transfer lines
- Filters, shower heads, nozzles and sinks stay clean
- Control of scale deposits in the desalination equipment
- Prevention of blocked pipes, tanks and toilet ushing problems
- Faster cleaning of kitchens and bathrooms
- Increase of water pressure
- Reduction of water consumption in cooling towers
- More efficient use of energy consumption
- Equipment and appliances last longer
- Savings on cleaning agents and soap
- Savings on heating costs
- Softening effect on clothes and fabrics
- Mineral rich drinking water
- Less spotting and cleaner dishes
- Reduction of biofilm and bacteria
- Less need of chlorine
Savings for Naval Ships
Typical annual savings £,000*
Money savings: The use of the eco-friendly Vulcan water treatment saves you time and money from day one of the installation. It is a solid purchase for your operation with a quick return on investment.
- Pipes and appliances stay cleaner
- More efficiency of heating systems
- Minimized cleaning costs
- Less repairs of equipment
- No more maintenance or salt purchases for water softeners
- The monthly savings can amount up to 15-20% on your current costs
Increase the efficiency of your heating system
When water is heated in a water heater or with a tank-less water heater, shard water always leads to deposits on the heating elements. This layer inevitably causes a great reduction in the capability of the heat to transfer.
A scale deposit of only 2mm (~0.078 inches) can lead to an energy loss of more than 15%. The increase in heating time leads to a tremendous rise in your power consumption.
ROI approximately 12 months
The analysis of the cost saving potential for your naval ship includes factors such as:
- Number of rooms
- Number of bathrooms/toilets
- Number of restaurant kitchens – and size of them
- Daily laundry volume
- Type and dimensions of the heating system
- Number of cooling towers and dimensions
- Daily use of water etc.
These factors quickly multiply and add up to a considerable cost saving potential.
*The actual savings may vary due to the exact degree of water hardness and usage
Suitable for Naval Ships
A naval ships carries a lot of machinery and equipment, which come in contact with water. Scale deposits in the piping system can cause fatal damage to engines and turbines, which are very expensive to repair. In the daily use of water on board (in bathrooms, kitchens, etc.) Vulcan helps to eliminate problems caused by scale.
- Reduction of scale deposits in the whole piping system
- Minimises overall operating costs and maintenance visits
- Maximizes life of appliances and equipment
- Reduces bacterial growth and biofilm (typical bree- ding ground for legionella bacteria)
- No need of salt or aggressive chemicals
- pH levels remain unchanged – preventing corrosion
- Vulcan is also effective in low-flow areas
- Reduces hot water energy consumption
Engines: Vulcan controls limescale deposits in the water cooled jackets, in transfer lines or coolers. Vulcan treats scale build-up in the heat exchangers (hot water production) or in the heat chambers in engines.
Ballast tanks: Ballast water will be handled easier and scale deposits will be reduced.
Potable water: Vulcan controls scale deposits in the desalina- tion and works with distillation or reserve osmosis equipment.
The Solution to Scale and Rust Vulcan carefully dissolves already existing deposits in the piping system. The scale build-up process is reversed and the pipes gradually become clean again. This take-out process will not block up your pipes or drain because the treated crystals are microscopic in size and wash away in the water. Stops scaling in pipes and appliances Gently sanitizes the piping system Protects against rust damage and perforation
Daily Savings Running costs for Machinery Vulcan improves the performance and efficiency of many machines that operate with water. The use of Vulcan saves you time and money from day one of the installation
Machinery and appliances have six typical money saving areas
- Scaling inside the machine is minimised.
- If additives are used they are often more effective and last longer.
- The machine can run longer before it needs to be serviced again. Often cleaning of the parts is much easier.
- Less repairs and less need to replace individual parts
- Tanks that carry water or other liquids need less maintenance and cleaning thereof. Most of the time it is much easier and faster. This reduced service time results in fewer production breaks.
- Less biofilm and bacterial growth allows a reduction of control measures and chemicals to combat this.
- Higher cycles of scale concentration which minimizes water
- Less clogging and therefore fewer malfunctions
- Less maintenance service needed per year
- Easier cleaning of the tank
- Less toxic bleed water with minimized bacterial growth
- Cooling Towers Machinery
Solar water heating
- Less scale build-up in the system – distributor tubes, heat exchangers, vacuum tubes, etc.
- Less maintenance service per year
- Less repairs of individual parts
- No more need to circulate acids
- Solar Application Machinery
Reverse Osmosis Filtration (RO)
- Filter membranes last longer
- Leftover water less aggressive