Vulcan for ice rinks and snow production
Benefits of Vulcan de-scaler for Ice Rinks & Snow production
- Better water characteristics for snowmaking
- Vulcan prevents scaling in water heaters, pipes and ice resurfacers (e.g. Zamboni or Olympia)
- Faster Quasi Liquid Layer setup time
- Finer ice crystals with a decrease of diameter (-20%) and a decrease of volume (-45%)
- Water surface tension decreases by 15 – 20%
- Vulcan produces mono-crystal nucleuses in the water that form organized, more stable ice and snow crystals
- Soft-water-characteristics result in finer mist and pulverization with finer droplets
- Vulcan prevents scale buildup in the pipe and the nozzles
- Improvement of your snow production
- Improvement of snow structure, water content, density, snow temperature and grain size
- Vulcan prevents scaling up of the cannon‘s spray nozzles
- Maximized production output with less water loss
- Finer snow crystals with a decrease of diameter (-20%) and a decrease of volume (-45%) The finer water droplets freeze earlier
- Snow is dryer as it contains less unfrozen water
- Smaller and dryer crystals have a lower temperature of approx. -2.5°C/ -4.5°F
Savings for Snow Production and Ice Rinks
Typical annual savings £,000*
Money savings: The use of the eco-friendly Vulcan water treatment saves you time and money from day one of the installation. It is a solid purchase for your operation with a quick return on investment.
- Monthly savings in large buildings
- Pipes and appliances stay cleaner
- More efficiency of heating systems
- Minimized cleaning costs
- Less repairs of equipment
- No more maintenance or salt purchases for water softeners
- The monthly savings can amount up to 15-20% on your current costs
Increase the efficiency of your heating system
When water is heated in a water heater or with a tank-less water heater, shard water always leads to deposits on the heating elements. This layer inevitably causes a great reduction in the capability of the heat to transfer.
A scale deposit of only 2mm (~0.078 inches) can lead to an energy loss of more than 15%. The increase in heating time leads to a tremendous rise in your power consumption.
ROI approximately 12 months
*The actual savings may vary due to the exact degree of water hardness and your lifestyle
Suitable for Snow production & Ice Rinks
- Scaling inside the machine is minimised.
- If additives are used they are often more effective and last longer.
- The machine can run longer before it needs to be serviced again. Often cleaning of the parts is much easier.
- Less repairs and less need to replace individual parts
- Tanks that carry water or other liquids need less maintenance and cleaning thereof. Most of the time it is much easier and faster. This reduced service time results in fewer production breaks.
- Less biofilm and bacterial growth allows a reduction of control measures and chemicals to combat this.
Reverse Osmosis Filtration (RO)
- Filter membranes last longer
- Leftover water less aggressive [/box]